Mission: Wilson Education Foundation (WEF) positively impacts students’ lives by supporting the Wilson School District in three areas: Student Experience, Teaching Excellence, and Community Engagement.
Purpose: To provide our students with a differentiated education over and above what could be paid for with our tax base alone.
Learn more by reading our Community Reports
Support the Wilson Education Foundation!
- EITC Program
- Employee Giving Campaign
Attend an Event:
- Wilson Iron Chef– March 24, 2019 (tentative)
- Wilson Community Night at the Fightin Phils– June 1, 2018
- Back-to-School Bash – DATE TBD for 2018
Support Wilson Excellence! Support Our Students! Support WEF!
Wilson Education Foundation supports the Wilson School District, which encourages all students to pursue their dreams, passions, and personal excellence, graduating as life-long learners dedicated to using their gifts to make a positive difference in the world.
2018 Wilson Iron Chef Competition & Benefit Auction
Thank you to everyone who made this year’s event a huge success!
Thanks to our sponsors, donors and community, we raised over $26,000 to support the Wilson Education Foundation!
Congratulations to Chef Mike Martino of Adelphia Seafood on being named the 2018 Wilson Iron Chef!
Congratulations to George Zeppos of the Hitching Post Restaurant for winning the 2018 People’s Choice award!
PA Companies Can Donate to Wilson in Lieu of State tax
Please click here to learn more about the EITC (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) program.
Wilson Education Foundation would like to thank the businesses that contributed to the Foundation through EITC for the 2016-17 school year:
- East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- First Priority Bank
- Jerome H. Rhoads, Inc.
- BB&T Bank
- Quadrant EPP USA, Inc.
- Riverview Bank
- Tompkins VIST Bank
- Weis Markets
WEF Employee Giving Campaign
Every year, Wilson faculty and staff can make a tax-free contribution to the WEF. This year’s campaign was a huge success, raising over $6,000 for the Foundation. Through the generosity of our employees via the WEF Employee Giving Campaign, the Foundation has been able to offer the Venture Grant Program to enhance and to expand educational experiences and opportunities for the students of the Wilson School District by providing grants to individual teachers, groups of teachers, departments, and other professional employees that support creative and innovative programs that would not normally be funded through the school budget.
Grants are awarded semi-annually to enable unique programs, teaching strategies, and learning experiences to become a reality in the classroom or through support services where they can influence the learning climate and directly benefit students.
|President||Brett Gibble||Bank of America|
|VP/Treasurer||Matt Frasso||Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP|
|Secretary||Andrea Funk||Cambridge-Lee Industries|
GENERAL BOARD MEMBERS
- Ellen Adams, Green Valley Parent
- Bryan Cole, NAI Keystone
- Jennifer Crocona, Cornwall Terrace/ Southern Parent
- Matt Derr, Whitfield Teacher
- Lora Fiore, Cornwall Terrace Parent
- Marissa Hunsicker, Spring Ridge Parent
- Ernie Magalotti, Legacy Logistics
- Kristin McGlinn, Green Valley Parent
- Caryn Moreland, Shiloh Hills Teacher
- Janie Redner, Spring Ridge Parent
- Rudy Ruth, Wilson School District Superintendent, Retired
- Charlie Trovato, Berks County Intermediate Unit
- Brett Wartluft, Wells Fargo Advisers
- Christy Weeber, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Amy Wolf, Green Valley & High School Parent
- John Miravich, Fox Rothschild
- Jay Nigrini, Wilson School Board Representative
- Chris Trickett, Wilson High School Principal
- Richard Faidley, Wilson School District Superintendent of Schools
- Molly Maack, Wilson Education Foundation Executive Director