2018 – 2019 Floating Days
Three (3) floating professional development days are required for teachers to complete their 188-day teaching contract. Floating days are dedicated to professional learning and at the request of the employee with approval from the administration or at times, there may be sessions required by the district. Please note:
- Floating day events must be pre-approved with the MLP- Floating Day Form.
- Events must be learning activities directly related to job responsibilities.
- All days must be logged outside of school hours between June 16, 2018 – May 1, 2019.
- Days may be completed in half or whole day segments.
- If you are registering for a session using MLP, you must also complete the floating day form in order to receive floating day credit.
- Time cannot be double-dipped. You cannot be paid to attend a learning event and get credit towards the 3 contracted days. These days are in addition to the replacement time.
- New hires are required to complete all 3 floating days.
- When attending non-Wilson SD professional development options, a certificate of attendance or certificate of completion must be uploaded into MLP by May 1, 2019.*
- Before an employee would be paid for curriculum time, the three days would need to be completed.
- If an employee is requesting reimbursement for registration fees, it must be requested/approved before registering for the course.
- Employees will not be paid for days that were not completed. Additionally, they will receive a Failing rating in the area of Professionalism on their evaluation.
Please contact your principal/supervisor, WEA building representative, or the Assistant Superintendent with any questions.