2018 – 2019 REPLACEMENT HOURS
Professional staff must fulfill six (6) hours of approved replacement time during the summer months in order to have an early dismissal on the day preceding a holiday vacation (Thanksgiving and Winter Break). Replacement time may be used at the professional discretion of staff for professional growth opportunities, curriculum writing, classroom preparation, etc.
- Replacement hours data will only be pulled from the MLP Replacement Hour form.
- All hours must be recorded between June 16, 2018, and August 23, 2018 to receive release time.
- Replacement hours must be entered in 3 or 6-hour segments. (If your work was done in single hours, simply select 3 or 6 from the pull-down menu and add the dates and times of your work to the notes section.)
- If you are registering for a professional development session using MLP, you must also complete the replacement hours form in order to receive replacement hour credit.
- Time cannot be double-dipped. If you are getting paid for an activity (ex. curriculum writing), this cannot count as replacement hours.
- Replacement hour timelines for new hires will be determined by the employment date.
- Employees who do not record time will be required to work a full day on the day before Thanksgiving and Winter Break.
Please contact your principal/supervisor, WEA building representative, or the Assistant Superintendent with any questions.