Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Please be advised that the Wilson School District will be closed for students and staff until Friday, March 27. During this time, ALL school activities are cancelled, including all transportation, athletic competitions and practices, and extracurricular activities. In addition, all extracurricular activities and events held at district facilities will be canceled, effective immediately through Friday, March 27.
According to the CDC, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.