- Students will experience enrichment of life mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally through enjoying and appreciating worthwhile musical activities.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in musical activities and performances.
- Students will experience music of American culture and the use of music in American life today.
- Students will experience opportunities leading toward a nonprofessional lifetime association with music and leading toward a career in music through specialization.
- Students will be able to strengthen other areas of learning through correlated musical activities.
- Students will be able to use their own unique imagination, emotion, and energy in creating and expressing music.
- Students will value the personal satisfactions that are achieved through increased ability to interpret musical communication.
- Students will experience music associated with other cultures.
- Students will know the function of sound and silence in music and the many ways it has been and may be used to communicate ideas, feelings, and moods.
Mr. David Cooper (Secondary)
610-670-0180 x 5147Mrs. Donnasue Thompson (Elementary)ThoDon@wilsonsd.org610-670-0180 x 3063
Middle School Requirements and Course OfferingsBand- Students in grades 6,7 and 8 may sign up for this class.Orchestra- Students in grades 6, 7 and 8 may sign up for this class.Chorus- Students in grades 6, 7 and 8 may sign up for this class.(Any combination of the above is available)General Music- ALL students in grades 6 and 7 are required to take this class.Elective- Students in grade 8 may sign up for this class.
High School Course OfferingsSymphonic Band- All students may sign up for this class.Orchestra- All students may sign up for this class.Concert Choir- All students may sign up for this class.(Any combination of the above is available)Guitar I- Any student may sign up for this class.Piano I- Any student may sign up for this class.Piano II (NEW COURSE)- Any student who has successfully completed Piano I or with teacher approval may sign up for this class.Introduction to Music Theory- Any student may sign up for this class.AP Music Theory- Any student who has completed Introduction to Music Theory may sign up for this class.
Last Modified on November 21, 2013