Family and Consumer Science DepartmentFamily and Consumer Sciences Education empowers individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges relevant to living and working in a diverse global society. The relationship between work and family is our unique focus. Family and Consumer Sciences is a discipline composed of strong subject matter concentrations with a commitment to integration. Concepts form a framework for learning based on these tenets:
Department ChairpersonMrs. Mary McTish610-670-0180 x5078Mctmar@wilsonsd.orgMiddle School Requirements:Students will complete one Family and Consumer Sciences class in 6th. Electives are offered in the 7th and 8th grade.High School Requirements:The Family and Consumer Sciences Department offers many electives to meet the diverse needs of Wilson's student population. Students have the opportunity to participate in the student-run chapter of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA).
- Families are the fundamental unit of society
- A life-span approach to individual and family development contributes to creating lifelong learners.
- Meeting individual and family needs inside and outside the home are shared responsibilities.
- Individual, family and community well-being is strengthened through an awareness of diversity.
- The use of diverse modes of inquiry strengthen intellectual development.
- The content learning in Family and Consumer Sciences classes enhances the mastery of academic standards.
- Standards-based learning within Family and Consumer Sciences classrooms can best be demonstrated through performance based assessments.
Last Modified on December 1, 2016