Age Group Coaching Staff and Coaching Philosophy
The Wilson Aquatics Coaching Staff brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table. The head coach for each age group is listed below. Additional coaches will be working with the head coaches to ensure the athletes receive the most attention possible with a focus on stroke improvement and having fun!
2017-18 Wilson Age Group Swimming Staff
Head Age Group Coach: Alison Snyder 610-207-2925 firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys & Girls
Wilson Age Group Assistant Coaching Staff
Wilson Age Group Diving
Coach E-Mail Phone
email@example.com*Additional Coaching Staff will be added to the above list as coaches are confirmed.Feel free to also use the Wilson Aquatics Office phone line and voice mail at 610-670-0180 Ext. 3072 or via e-mail Gooeri@share.wilsonsd.orgWilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Coaching PhilosophyThe Wilson Age Group Coaches believe.....
Remember, it is our main concern to make the Wilson Swimming & Diving Program a successful experience for all participants. Swimming is a lifetime sport that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways and is just one facet of a person’s life
- a competitive swimming and diving experience for students ages 6 to 14 should be fun with a major emphasis on learning basic fundamentals of the sport.
- sportsmanship values are of main concern. Learning to win humbly and lose gracefully are skills to be learned early.
- the quality of effort and striving to win is important and that winning or losing is not. Through participation in athletics, everyone is already a winner.
- our competitive teams are only one phase of our total comprehensive swim program and no more or less important than other programs.
- our competitive swimming & diving program is a progressive experience, from 8 and under to high school and beyond. Practice and meet experiences should grow from one step to the next. Age group swimming and diving is not an end in itself- it is a means towards an end.
- we should provide fair and equal competition for our young athletes. Since we are first an educational institution, and not a year-round/high intensity age group program, we do not believe that our students should compete with or against those who choose that direction.
- students of this age should participate and explore a wide variety of activities and not specialize in one given sport or activity at a young age.
- our athletes should not compete for two or more similar programs during the same season as it is too time consuming, exerts added pressure on youngsters and it inevitably forces unneeded choices to be made.
- participation both at practice and at meets is important. Our coaches will try to coach to the best of their ability to keep everyone involved. Each student should at least receive an equal opportunity to succeed.
- teamwork and respect for teammates, opponents, coaches, and officials are imperative. At Wilson, the team is always more important than any individual.