In response to U.S. Department of Education guidance released February 22, 2021, the Pennsylvania Department of Education is requiring local school districts to administer statewide assessments (PSSA/Keystone Exams). As we previously communicated, students who are attending school in person can take the test in the same way we had administered the assessments previously. Those students who are currently learning in a full-time remote environment can be scheduled to come to school to complete the assessment. Assessment sessions will be conducted following all the protocols as outlined in our Health and Safety Plan.
In order to finalize our testing plans, procedures and protocols, we are asking parents in grades 3-8 to complete the following PSSA Participation Survey. Deadline for completion of the survey is Sunday, April 18 at midnight. For planning purposes, if you do not respond, we will assume that your student will be taking the assessment. Please only respond to the transportation question on the survey if your student is REMOTE-ONLY. The instructions to complete this survey are as follows:
- Log on to Skyward Family Access (NOTE: the survey is not accessible through the mobile app, but only through a web browser)
- Choose online forms on the main menu
- Select “PSSA Participation Survey” form for each student
- Answer the question and hit the “complete step 1 only” button
- Click the “Next Step” button
- Hit “PSSA Participation Survey” and you are done!
- Please remember the deadline to complete the survey is midnight on April 18, 2021
Thank you for your continued support of the Wilson School District as we navigate the challenges of this current school year together as a community. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s building office.